How to tell happy birthday in latin

Even certain that the Romans were about to say : happy birthday in latin to the other, although the birthdays of honor. There would have been the birthday wishes and can be varied. How do you think the Romans would have said, happy birthday in latin? Provide a word-for-word English translation of the Latin version.

My mentor taught me that America was " felicium Diem Natalis " So, yes ... 3
-Guest Chezliee
happy birthday
I also agree that it should be in the accusative . Also, someone said that we should concider Italian on the other Romance languages ​​, because it is the closest thing , but why not in Sardinia ? Since the Forum of America, I was informed that all the Romance languages ​​, this was the most isolated and , therefore, at least popularized . Also, I read in a book of Latin text of the rich man who is ready for a gladiatorial show in the amphitheater and invited the inhabitants of Pompeii and Nocera to celebrate his birthday , he said "Happy Birthday" in America is perhaps not so strange - the lease is someone who pays for the entertainment of everyone ! Incidentally , I have this part of Cambridge Latin Unit 1 (121). I know this may not be very reliable, but the habit of taking real charcacters real situations .
-Guest Mapaxe
imperative Alternative
I would completely avoid the subjunctive . Personally, I think it is imperative vernacular or "real" American , unless Virgil wish a happy birthday , I think " Habe Bonam natalem diem" is more likely.
-Guest Alan P.
Germanganesh
Better to say " Happy Birthday " would be Carpe Diem , memento mori ! ! ! ! !
-Guest Ganeshan
happy birthday
I think that common sense would be old and Moltos foelices .
-Guest Cornelia Garcchi
Happy Birthday in Latin
Well, my teacher taught us always ' salutatio tibi " I 'm not sure of the spelling of the first part , but it works for the song, so that's what we use: . D
-Guest latinista
Sit Laetissimus
I always thought that the way to say happy birthday it was , because that's the way it was recorded . I only had a year of Latin, but always say happy birthday to it when the time comes . I hope this information is useful for you and for me.
-Guest booobosodo
Andrew
Although this greeting you are a little late, the desire which brings happiness is good at any time of the day. Happy Belated Birthday
-Guest Emanzi
How to say Happy Birthday correctly
diem felice natalem and because I need a minimum of 50 characters , wrote it . Hurra .
-Guest aleah
Emprise to say ....
Ad Multos Annos is how Catholics say. This means ( for { lit. Towards } { ed. } Many years ) or similar "Congratulations ." Catalan ( by silent Anys ! ) Is very similar to it in Romanian ( La multi ani ! ) , Which is one of the closest Latin language .
-Guest Raven Lee
Happy Birthday America
Fortuna dies natalis ! Thus the BBC h2g2 page lists Happy Birthday America. I have always respected the BBC Latin language department . ------------------- Http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1053640 Catholic Vatican newspaper had a front page article on Pope Benedict birthday , entitled " Ad multos annos " ( many years) .
-Guest Raven Lee
Felicem Diem Natalis
I would go with " felicem diem natalis be" literally " happy birth day " . The word order is not important . I had three years of Latin and that is how I learned to translate.
Ghost -Guest
What America ?
We must remember that in classical Latin America was different from that commonly spoken "vulgar" or villages. Unfortunately, we have a lot of history to show us today what was said in the "real life" as opposed to what the experts listed in the classical Latin form . If I think about how "real" to say happy birthday in Italian would be a point of departure . " Buon Compleanno " "progression" Happy or "complete" a year, mostly But again ... is important to note the difference btwn common and classic.
- Napoletano
Habeas laetum Diem Natalem
For my birthday , I think my brother me Natalem habeas laetum Diem wanted. I do not know if this is correct because I never took Latin, French only. So I wanted to make sure I have the right one for your birthday today, but nobody I translated what he did , and I remembered correctly.
-Guest Robyn
The accusative of exclamation is the best
After teaching Latin for several years, I can attest to many similar expressions that use the accusative . (For example, Io , Saturnalia ! ) The person who suggested " felicem natalem diem" is probably the most correct. I also saw as " felicem diem natalis " with translation " natalis " " Birth " .

Guest - Master Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment